The Real McCainWed Feb 6, 2008 17:4318.104.22.168This something that should be broadcast across America, repetitively.
The Real McCain
Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney are done. John McCain will be the Republican nominee -- he's the only one with a reasonable path to the nomination.
So how do we beat him? We stand up -- right now -- start fighting, and show the American people that he's not who they think he is.
We can't wait for Hillary or Barack to win the nomination. Now that the Republicans have a candidate, the dollars are starting to pour in from special interests who will do anything to beat the Democratic nominee. They're just waiting for us to decide so they can start smearing.
Here's what U.S. News and World Report recently reported about how the RNC is getting ready...
[RNC Chairman Mike] Duncan and his aides want to be ready to go on the offensive against the Democratic nominee presumptive in an effort to define the opposition candidate on GOP terms. Opposition research is already well along, and the plan is for surrogates to talk to the media around the country while a TV ad campaign in key states and media markets as soon as the Democratic nominee is determined.
We must be ready to fight back, and fight back hard, today.
Now that we know our opponent, it's time to build a national effort on the programs you and I have worked so hard to create over the last four years - from our cutting-edge technology to our voter protection programs, it's time to shift gears.
I need you to contribute $25, $50, or $100 to help us fight John McCain right now:
John McCain is a media darling, but don't trust his carefully-crafted image - he's worked for years to brand himself. From Iraq to health care, Social Security to special interest tax cuts to ethics, he's promising nothing more than a third Bush term.
After championing campaign finance reform and ethics legislation to score political points, he now has a staggering amount of lobbyists involved in every aspect of his campaign. In fact, two of the top three sources for John McCain's campaign cash are D.C. lobbying firms, and he looked the other way as Jack Abramoff bought and paid for the Republican Party and the Culture of Corruption.
On immigration reform, he's run as far to the right as he can, aligning himself with the most extreme elements of the Republican Party.
On the war, McCain scoffed at Bush's call to leave troops in Iraq for 50 years, saying "Make it a hundred!"
On a woman's right to choose, McCain has vowed to appoint judges who would overturn Roe v. Wade.
On the economy, one of the issues that the American people care most about, McCain has said: "I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."
We can't afford four more years with a President who drives the economy into the ground. We can't afford four more years with a President who fights an endless war in Iraq. We can't afford four more years with a President who gives tax cuts to companies who ship jobs overseas; with a President who can't get every American the health care they deserve; with a President we just can't trust.
I don't just want to beat John McCain - I want it to be a landslide. If you're as committed as I am, I need you to make a contribution today:
Only the Democratic Party is legally allowed to spend unlimited amounts of money to back our nominee and tell the real story about John McCain. We proved that our strategy worked in 2006, and it will work again this fall.
Help us today:
Let's get going,
- CHARLES BREAKS DOWN SUPER TUESDAY.... ? RADIO YOUR WAY, Wed Feb 6 09:2202/06/08 The Charles Goyette Show - KFNX 1100 AM PHX AZCHARLES BREAKS DOWN SUPER TUESDAY....AUDIO:http://www.apfn.net/pogo57/A004I080206-489D.MP3----------------------------------------------RADIO... more
- John McCain is clinically nuts is scary enough ? Bob Taft, Wed Feb 6 13:42-------- Original Message --------Subject: [apfn-1] HOW THE CLINTONS WILL DESTROY JOHN MCCAINDate: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:42:47 -0700From: Bob Taft firstname.lastname@example.orgReply-To: ... more
- The Real McCain ? Black, Wed Feb 6 17:43
- CITIZEN'S WARRANT FOR ARREST of John McCain ? Supreme Law Firm, Wed Feb 6 17:52CITIZEN'S WARRANT FOR ARREST of John McCain----- Original Message -----From: Supreme Law FirmTo: Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 5:42 PMSubject: CITIZEN'S WARRANT FOR ARREST of John McCainTO:... more
- McCain: Truly a Modern-day Conservative ? Christopher Hansen, Wed Feb 6 22:26McCain: Truly a Modern-day ConservativeWednesday, February 6th 2008 ? Christopher Hansenhttp://www.independentamerican.org/blog.php?blog=980What is a Conservative? It is, according to Websters, a... more
- HELP IN CALI ? Terrence, Wed Feb 6 21:57GREAT JOB KEEP ME IN THE LOOP.?
- UPDATE: McCain was born in Panama and not the US ? State Department Watch, Wed Feb 6 18:02McCain was born in Panama and not the USDate: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:02:40 -0800 Is John McCain eligible to be elected President ? Friday, February 01, 2008 - State Department Watch Senator John ... more